Interpreting Herd Conversations
For beginners and experienced students of Horse Speak
- Beginners will get a great introduction to Horse Speak and key concepts
- Experiences students will learn to see more and more of the many messages in every equine conversation
This course begins with an overview of horse body language and communication, and discussion of what horses communicate about. The course then features four videos shared with us by Horse Speak students from around the USA.
- With the first video, Sharon focuses our attention on horse's bubbles of personal space as a head mare arranges her herd so she can take a nap.
- In the second video, Sharon focuses on Buttons - specific areas on a horse's body that horses use for precise communication with each other. This video features a Sentry/Protector, a Map Maker and a Middle of the Herd horse as they respond to the presence of person with a camera.
- The third video is about a lunchtime conversation as a Joker and a Peacemaker use Bubbles of Personal Space and Buttons to arrange themselves for a meal.
- The fourth video is about two horses who use their Buttons and Bubbles in play.
Sharon narrates each of these herd conversations, stopping the action to focus our attention on specific points in the conversation.
This course will help sharpen your eye and hone your ability to see and understand horse-to-horse communication.
Sharon Wilsie is an inspiring and encouraging teacher. Whether you are learning with Sharon in person at a clinic or in one of our on-line courses, you will enjoy the learning process as much as you will love the results you get using Horse Speak with your horses!
Sharon is a has enjoyed a professional career as a horse trainer/rehabilitation specialist, intercollegiate coach, and riding instructor. Her grandfather owned and raced Standardbreds, and her love for horses has been life-long. She has developed and implemented several programs over the last decade, including; volunteer training groups for horse rescues and therapeutic riding centers, Equine Assisted Learning course at Landmark College, as well as hundreds of workshops, seminars, and engagements in a variety of topics about Equine Facilitated Therapies, alternative training and rehabilitation methods for difficult horses and horses with PTSD. She worked with students of all ages, including at-risk youth programs. Sharon’s passion has always been to create a two – way street of mutual healing, awareness, and betterment for both horses and people. Sharon is also a Reiki Master/Teacher.
For more information about Horse Speak Clinics and Events, visit www.sharonwilsie.com