Horse Speak for Equine Rescues: Creating Calmness and Safety
Helping Horses to Feel Safe with You
Learn how to help a horse feel safe with you.
The concepts and techniques taught in this course apply to all horses and their human caretakers.
You will learn strategies for communicating with horses, helping them to experience safety in your presence and build their ability to trust humans.
The course includes instruction on:
- the most important basic need of horses and how to meet that need (hint: it's not food!)
- simple handling practices that build trust and calmness
- horse expressions and how to read and understand them
- how to establish rapport and trust with a horse by first working from outside a fence or stall
- how to show the horse that you "have his back" and can keep him safe
- how to help a horse release emotional stress and tension
- and lots more
Sharon Wilsie is an inspiring and encouraging teacher. Whether you are learning with Sharon in person at a clinic or in one of our on-line courses, you will enjoy the learning process as much as you will love the results you get using Horse Speak with your horses!
Sharon is a has enjoyed a professional career as a horse trainer/rehabilitation specialist, intercollegiate coach, and riding instructor. Her grandfather owned and raced Standardbreds, and her love for horses has been life-long. She has developed and implemented several programs over the last decade, including; volunteer training groups for horse rescues and therapeutic riding centers, Equine Assisted Learning course at Landmark College, as well as hundreds of workshops, seminars, and engagements in a variety of topics about Equine Facilitated Therapies, alternative training and rehabilitation methods for difficult horses and horses with PTSD. She worked with students of all ages, including at-risk youth programs. Sharon’s passion has always been to create a two – way street of mutual healing, awareness, and betterment for both horses and people. Sharon is also a Reiki Master/Teacher.
For more information about Horse Speak Clinics and Events, visit www.sharonwilsie.com